Immigration offices outside Canada maintain the records in a Computer-Aided Immigration Processing System (CAIPS), a database related to the Applications processed. This system is used for processing all types of applications, like:
- Permanent Residence Applications –Skilled worker, Business Class, Family Class, etc.
- Temporary residence Applications – Work permit, Study permit & Visitor Visa
- Returning Resident Permit/ Travel Document
Since 2011/2012, Immigration offices are using a more integrated version of such database called ‘Global Case Management System’ (GCMS).
This is not the same information as that available on “e-client” but a very detailed record of the file. Apart from information submitted in the Application Forms, the records contain comments or notes made by the Immigration officer on the file. This information is valuable as it provides an insight into how a particular application is being viewed by the immigration department, and the issues that they consider important in decision-making. This helps us advice the applicant on ways to make a more favourable presentation and address a possible gap in the Application, before a decision is made. In most cases, this can either reduce processing times, enable the client to face the interview with confidence, prepare the client better to address the issues that are likely to be raised, or in a worst case scenario, avoid the dejecting rejection of an application.
CAIPS/GCMS Notes will provide information like:
- The date application was received
- Whether the processing has started
- Date the processing was started or is likely to be
- Initial assessment and points allotted.
- How important factors like your qualifications, experience, etc. were assessed.
- Concerns/ reservations that the officer may have regarding above.
- Verifications made or likely to be made.
- If a visa interview is likely to be scheduled.
- Possible issues to be addressed (and thus expected questions);
- Likely next processing steps.
We can request CAIPS/GCMS notes, irrespective of the location of your Applications. It usually takes 4-6 weeks for the Notes to be received. Since these are the Notes from the Immigration file, this request doesn’t influence the processing of an ongoing application in any manner.
CAIPS/GCMS Notes are written in codes, used by immigration department, and are not easy to read. We do the job for you, and provide a written report, upon request.
We do provide GCMS notes on request with really affordable price and different packages.
Please contact New Vision Immigration to request GCMS notes and get more detail information.