The Live-in caregiver program allows temporary residents with a Live-in caregiver work permit, and caregivers who are approved for their Live-in caregiver work permit based on an employer’s positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) application before November 30, 2014 to become permanent resident of Canada.
Following are the requirements for the Live-in caregiver program:
- Must be able to obtain a positive Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from a Canadian employer
- A written employment contract describing job duties, hours of work, wages, accommodation arrangements, medical insurance coverage from the date of arrival until eligible to obtain provincial health insurance, and termination and resignation terms
- Canadian diploma or degree or equivalent foreign studies
- A minimum of six months’ training or one year of full-time work experience as a caregiver
- Language proficiency test in English or French
- A work permit before entering Canada.
For more information for hiring Live-in Caregive /Caregive or to apply as Caregive please contact New Vision Immigration