Student Visa Inside Canada
Student visa inside canada
Canada is well known for its high standard education and living and is the most preferred destination for international students to pursue their studies and make their future. Every year Canada welcomes more than 100,000 students to study and explore amazing career opportunities.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada made some changes to the International Student Program. According to the new rules, the students can work part-time (up to 20 hours a week) without a work permit. It allows students to learn about Canada and its culture. It also allows students to work on-campus or off-campus.
To obtain a student visa, the applicant must meet the following requirements
- Successfully accepted at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada
- Current status in Canada
- Proof of financial support for your education and living in Canada for the period of study
If you are in Canada as a visitor and wish to apply for a study permit to attend a designated learning institution, you may be able to do so from within Canada. As of June 1, 2014, certain foreign nationals may apply for and receive a study permit from within Canada. These include:
- minor children studying at the primary or secondary level;
- exchange or visiting students; and
- students who have completed a short-term course or program of study that is a condition for acceptance at a designated institution.
Upon successfully graduating from the program of study, the student receives a Graduate Work Permit for a minimum of one to a maximum of three years.
Students can apply to become the permanent resident of Canada after their studies. Please visit the “Immigrate” section of the website for information on becoming permanent Canadian resident.
For More Information please Contact New Vision Immigration.