Student Visa Outside Canada
Student Visa outside Canada
Canada is well known for its high standard education and living and is the most preferred destination for international students to pursue their studies and make their future. Every year Canada welcomes more than 100,000 students to study and explore amazing career opportunities.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada made some changes to the International Student Program. According to the new rules, the students can work part-time (up to 20 hours a week) without a work permit. It allows students to learn about Canada and its culture. It also allows students to work on-campus or off-campus.
To obtain a student visa, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully accepted at a Designated Learning Institution (DLI) in Canada
- Proof of financial support for your education and living in Canada for the period of study
- English proficiency test (IELTS, TOEFL etc.)
- Must be able to obtain a police clearance certificate, if required
- Must be physically fit and provide the medical proofs
- Promise to leave Canada upon the completion of your education.
Upon successfully graduating from the program of study, the student receives a Graduate Work Permit for a minimum of one to a maximum of three years.
Students can apply to become the permanent resident of Canada after their studies. Please visit the “Immigrate” section of the website for information on becoming permanent Canadian resident.